Wrap your wrist in a bracelet woven with Swarovski Crystals. Show your All-American pride when you create and wear the American Dream bracelet.
- 1 Snap Fastener (11mm)
- 422 Light Siam Beads (3mm)
- 358 Sapphire Beads (3mm)
- 228 White Alabaster Beads (3mm)
- White Adhesive Tape
- Leather, 12×7 cm, metallic silver
- Leather glue (Güttermann creative HT2)
- Nylon thread, 2m, 0.3mm, transparent
- Nylon thread, 3m, 0.15mm, transparent
- Bead-weaving loom
- Crystal Swarovski Applicator Hand Tool
- Fine Needle (no. 12)
- Cut 2m of 0.3mm nylon thread. Tie a single knot onto one end of the bead weaving loom and thread it through the loom as shown in our illustrations with this step until you have 6 horizontal rows. Attach the other end to the loom with tape.
- Cut 1m of 0.15mm nylon thread. Tie a single knot onto the end and slide on two Swarovski Bead art. 5328 3mm in Light Siam and two White Alabaster alternating. Repeat 3 times and end with two Light Siam beads. Slide the string underneath all the horizontal strings as shown in the illustration.
- Insert the nylon thread back through the beads and each time over the horizontal string until the end. This will produce clusters of 4 beads and then 3 beads.
- Repeat steps 2 & 3 to get 32 more vertical strings onto the loom.
- Repeat step 2 & 3, but string on two Swarovski Bead art. 5328 3mm in Light Siam, two White Alabaster, two Light Siam and only one White Alabaster. Then string on 11 3mm Sapphire Beads. Repeat the pattern in this step once more. Continue to string on the same number of Light Siam and White Alabaster beads as done in this step and then refer to the illustrations for the random order of the Sapphire and White Alabaster beads to create the “stars”.
- Remove the entire bracelet off the loom. Cut the two joined ends on one side to get six open ends. Tie a knot with the ends and melt the ends closer to knots as depicted in the illustration.
- Cut two pieces of 7cm tape and place the tape under the nylon thread ends on both sides. Wrap the tape onto the thread ends and cut off the excess tape.
- Cut two pieces of 5.7×3.2cm long metallic leather and glue them onto the bracelet ends so that they are folded into half. Cut off any excess leather
- Put the upper and lower dies into the Crystal Applicator Hand Tool that go with the Swarovski Snap Fastener art. 1780/114 082 082 001 11mm. Place the Swarovski Snap Fastener Silver/Crystal into the lower die of the Crystal Applicator Hand tool and place the back part of the Snap Fastener onto the upper die of the applicator. Put the metallic leather part of the bracelet in between the applicator tool and apply the snap fastener.
- Change the upper and lower die of the applicator and insert the other pair of dies
- Insert the top and lower part of the Swarovski Snap Fastener into the applicator as done in step 9 and attach it onto the other side of the metallic leather.
- You have a completed American Dream Bracelet!
Other Tips on the American Dream Bracelet
- Use this same concept with different colored beads to create bracelets for every occasion and all year round.
- See the illustrations to create the American Dream Bracelet