Creating the Golden Shadow Necklace
Create this triple strand necklace yourself using Swarovski’s Mini Beads, coated with Swarovski’s Crystal Golden Shadow. Below are the materials you will need to create the Golden Shadow Necklace:
- 10 Crystal Golden Shadow-Mini Beads (10x8mm) 5051
- 20 Crystal Golden Shadow-Mini Beads (8mm) 5052
- 15 Crystal Golden Shadow-Mini Beads (8mm) 5053
- 15 Crystal Golden Shadow-Mini Beads (8mm) 5054
- 15 Crystal Golden Shadow-Mini Beads (10x8mm) 5055
- 10 Crystal Golden Shadow-Mini Beads (12x8mm) 5056
- 35 Vintage Gold-Crystal Pearls (4mm) 5810
- 48″ beading wire
- 6 Crimp Beads in Gold or Brass (2×2)
- 6 Crimp Covers in Gold or Brass (3×3)
- 1 Lobster Clasp in Gold or Brass
- 1 8mm Jump Ring in Gold or Brass
- 12′ Round Brass Cable 10mm TierraCast® 20-0525-26
- Round Nose Pliers
- Flat Nose Pliers
- Wire Cutters
Step 1: Cut a 16” piece of beading wire. String one end of one wire through a crimp bead, through an end loop in the cable chain and back through the crimp bead. Crimp the bead to secure and cut off excess wire. Attach a crimp bead cover.
Step 2: String on one Swarovski Crystal Pearl art. 5810 4mm, Vintage Gold. String 28 Swarovski Beads in a varying pattern adding a pearl after 2 or 3 beads. (Use 9 Swarovski Crystal Pearls on this strand; one at the beginning, one at the end and 7 in between the beads.) Crimp the other end of the wire to the opposite end of the cable chain as done for the other side.
Step 3: Repeat steps 1 & 2 for the second strand.
Step 4: Repeat steps 1 & 2 for the third strand using all the remaining beads and pearls.
Step 5: Open the middle link in the cable chain and attach the 8mm jump ring and the lobster clasp.
Tip: You can even make one strand a few beads shorter and use the extra beads to make a matching pair of earrings! Lay the beads & pearls out on a beadboard to see the pattern before stringing & crimping.
Tip: Use these instructions and tools to create this necklace in other beautiful colors and shades!