Howdy from the Grand Canyon
The Earth’s history is truly like no other. Over millions and millions of years this land has formed and then reformed to reveal what we all know as the Grand Canyon. The colorful stratified layers of rock composing the sides of the Grand Canyon change over the course of the day as the sun moves and the light transforms one scene into another leaving us with a view that takes your breath away. These textures and colors provided a boundless source of inspiration that inspired these pieces.
Grand Canyon Earrings
Beads – 5000 8mm Montana (x2)
Beads – 5328 6mm Crystal Copper (x2)
Beads – 5328 6mm Montana (x2)
Beads – 5328 4mm Smoked Topaz (x2)
Beads – 5328 4mm Crystal Copper (x2)
Fancy Stone – 4928 12mm Crystal Copper Z F (x2)
Fancy Stone – 4928 18mm Crystal Copper Z F (x2)
Fancy Finding – 4928/C 12mm Rhodium (x2)
Fancy Finding – 4928/C 18mm Rhodium (x2)
2 – Add a Bead Ear Wires – TierraCast® 90-1120-00
2 – 2” eye pins
2 – med oval jump rings
Swarovski CG500 two-part epoxy glue
- Using alcohol wipes clean all off the drop settings and set aside to dry.
- Using one Chaton fancy stone glue into matching finding. Repeat 3 more times and set aside to dry for 24 hours.
- Using med oval jump ring attach to 12mm Chaton finding made in Step 2. Repeat once and set aside.
- Using one eye pin attach to the 18mm Chaton finding made in Step 2. Slide on one 8mm 5000 Montana round bead, one 6mm 5328 Crystal Copper bicone bead, one 12mm Chaton component made in step 3, one 6mm 5328 Montana bicone bead, one 4mm 5328 Smoked Topaz bicone bead, and make a simple loop.
- Using one Add a Bead Ear Wire slide on one 4mm 5328 Crystal Copper bicone bead and make a simple loop. Attach to the component made in Step 4.
- Repeat Steps 4-5 to make the second earring.